A New Year With A New Focus

When I started this blog, I wanted to write about the topics that interest me. This was driven 75% by my curious nature, and I will admit that the remaining 25% (ok, maybe 35%) was my indecisiveness about a sole topic to focus on. At the time, I had so many interests pulling me in different directions that I just could not bring myself to pick a single topic to write about. So, I wrote about all of my interests (i.e. nutrition, running, wine, cake decorating etc…) and my experiences exploring them.

However, in the back of my mind I kept thinking that anything I write about my cake baking and decorating usually contradicted my writing about nutrition (a precarious situation for a registered dietitian), and it has been bothering me.

While I am overwhelmed and flattered by all my readers that take the time to look at the cake decorating portion of my blog, the time has come for me to put more focus on providing nutrition information. Therefore, starting in 2014, I will be placing a larger emphasis on nutrition related topics and less on my cake adventures (think of it like an 80%/20% split).

To my cake readers, DON’T PANIC!

I am not going to stop writing about cakes entirely and I will continue to share my cake decorating adventures with you, but the future cakes will be either a dummy cake or a “healthy” cake (e.g. low carb, paleo, etc…). Even though I’m changing direction, I will keep all of my previous cake decorating and nutrition posts on the blog for your use.

This blog will continue to be a place where I share information on nutrition and fitness. One of the things I love about nutrition is that it is constantly changing. Foods we once thought were bad for us (eggs) turn out to be healthy, and the foods we thought were healthy for us (margarine) are not healthy.

I am very excited about this change and the new direction we are headed in 2014. I love talking about nutrition and fitness, and my hope is that you will find the information I bring useful in your everyday life.
Thanks again to all my cake readers for your kind comments, recommendations, and tips over the last two years. I have enjoyed sharing my cake decorating adventures (and sometime debacles) with you. I learned as much from you as you did from me.

With that in mind, Happy New Year and I’ll talk to you in 2014!!!!

 
2014








0 comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...