1. This weekend is turning out to be great. My husband was off yesterday and doesn’t go back to work until Tuesday. That is 5 whole days of family fun. Tomorrow morning we are planning to go to the orchard to pick fruits and vegetables. Like I said, family fun.
2. Earlier this week, I used my Amazon birthday gift card on some running gear. I bought The Stick and a Nathan Quickdraw Handheld water bottle. My husband told me I buy silly stuff when he opened The Stick box. He used it on himself and now is always asking me to rub his arm. He uses it all the time. I think I have used it a total of 3 times. I also bought the journal to log my dysfunctions and because I like the quotes.
3. Tuesday, I ran a tempo of 5.1 miles with a peak 8:34 min/mile. It was a great run, but I could have pushed harder. I had too much energy left at the end of the run.
4. Today, I ran my first hill workout on the treadmill. It has been a little over a year since I had run any type of hills. I had planned to run at a nearby parking garage, but I didn’t wake up early enough. It was probably a good decision because it is crazy windy outside. My run didn’t go as I planned. I had planned to run at marathon pace and up to 7% incline. I ended up running about 30 seconds slower than my marathon pace and up to 5% incline. I was bummed I wasn’t able to meet my expectations. At least now I know where my fitness level is regarding hills.
5. I’m regretting the huge pan of chocolate chip cookies I made last night. I have eaten way too many cookies today. They are thick, chewy and delicious. I’m not a big fan of chocolate chips, so I made half with chocolate chips and the other half without chocolate chips.
6. I love the movie Scott Pilgrim vs. the World. Every time I watch this movie it makes me laugh.
7. Sam had a blast at Lowes the other day. My husband gave him a small rake to hold; he was so proud of himself. He kept raising it above his head while laughing. Silly baby.
Elena didn’t have as much fun. She was ready to leave and eat dinner. She kept signing for milk and crackers over and over.
8. There is a cold front coming in this weekend, so I’m hoping for cool temperatures for my Sunday long run. I’m trying to decide if I should bring fuel for the run. I’m running 8 miles and I don’t normally bring fuel for anything less than 10 miles. I thought I would bring something so I can get my body used to it while running.
Have a great weekend.
Any big plans this weekend?
Do you have any runs planned for the weekend?
How many miles do you run when you start to take in fuel?