I cannot believe it is May already. What happened to April? Time is flying by too fast.
Since it is a new month, it is time to work on some new and old goals.
April goals --- 50/50 met:
- Ran 1 mile in 8:53 beating my goal of 8:55.
- I tried a new recipe once a week this month.
- My blog readership improved. It’s interesting that most of the keyword searches for my blog are cake related.
- I did not finish Influence: The Psychology of Persuasion. This book is seriously taking forever to read.
- I did not review the budget every Monday.
I did not meet my weight loss goals by the end of April 30. I wanted to lose 7 pounds and I ended up losing 5 pounds. I'm actually fine with my progress and not meeting this goal. I knew this would be a hard one to meet since the weight I want to lose is more of a vanity reason than a healthy reason.
- Finish Influence: The Psychology of Persuasion and my notes.
- I really enjoyed making a new meal a week, so I’m going to continue this goal.
- Plank for 5 minutes. Kind of crazy, but I think I can do it.
- Bake/decorate 3 cakes this month, 2 buttercream and 1 fondant.
- Break 30 minutes, a 9:39 min/mile pace, in a 5k. Right now, with the way my runs have been going, I have a 9:45 min/mile pace.
I’m having a hard time choosing one fitness related goal. I want to improve my speed, but I also want to increase my distance. In the past, every time I worked on my speed and distance I always ended up injured.
Here is a fun baby picture. This red wagon was an Easter gift. The entire bottom of the wagon is covered with mini m&ms filled plastic Easter eggs. Sam sat back eating m&ms while Elena found most of the eggs and brought them to him.
Do you have any goals this month?