I’m so happy today is Thursday. My weekend will begin in approximately 4 hours. Yay!
I was planning to make a cute bunny cake for Easter, but I could not find the motivation. I just did not feel like spending hours making a cake today, especially since my kids are sick again.
I took them to story time once last week, since they had finally gotten over their last cold, and now they are coughing and have a runny nose. Seriously! Story time is like a breeding ground for germs. And on top of that, my son is cutting 4 teeth. He is extra crabby today.
After listening to my kids scream and cry all morning, I decided to make something sweet. You know, to keep me from drinking an entire bottle of wine at 10 a.m.
I got creative and made 4 different kinds of brownies. I used ingredients I already had in the house, a brownie box mix and a mini muffin pan.
All of the following mini brownies were made together in one mini muffin pan and baked according to the box instructions.
S’mores Mini Brownies
- Line the bottom of the pan with crushed graham crackers and fill with brownie batter halfway.
- Place mini marshmallows and mini chocolate chips on top of the brownies for the last 5 minutes of baking.
Pretzel Mini Brownies
- Line the bottom of the pan with broken pretzel sticks and fill halfway with the brownie batter.
- Fill the pan halfway with brownie batter.
- Once cooled, the brownies should deflate some in the middle. If not, push down slightly on the top of the brownies to create a cup.
- Place 3 Cadbury or Robin Easter egg candies on top of the brownies.
- Or you can shave a small amount of white chocolate, I used a lemon zester, to create a nest for your Easter egg candies.
Peanut Butter Cup Brownies
- Crush 5 frozen mini peanut butter cups and mixed into the brownie batter. Fill the pan halfway.
Seriously, these brownies were fast and easy to make. And they’re delicious.
Now it’s time for me to run on the treadmill. These brownies aren’t going to burn themselves off.
Are you baking any sweets for Easter?
---I’m baking an apple pie that my husband requested. My fingers are crossed it will turn out delicious.