I had every intention to run outside today, but it never happened. Instead I got on the computer and 3 hours later it was time to wake up the babies from their nap. UGH. I hate when this happens. I did get some things accomplished, but most of my time was spent on Pinterest. It is addicting; I love it.
I thought I would share strategies for a great eating plan. For me a healthy balanced plan must include three things: easy to follow, delicious healthy foods and it cannot be too strict.
The following tips meet all three aspects:
1. Focus on eating more unprocessed foods
2. Eat every 3 hours, roughly 6 small meals/snacks a day
3. Consume healthy fats
4. Eat a complete lean protein at every meal
5. Eat veggies at every meal and fruits at several meals
6. Limit carbohydrates to your morning and early afternoon meals (not including fruits/vegetables and this is determined on if I’m trying to lose weight)
7. Do not drink your calories (even fruit juice). The only caloric drink I will have is a protein drink and every so often skim milk or unsweetened almond milk.
These are the strategies I use when balancing my meals. Some days life gets in the way and I am unable to meet my goal. Having a plan and being mindful of the foods you eat is better than trying to make healthy decisions when famished.
Do you have any tips to balancing a meal?
Are you on Pinterest?